Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank you Tracy! - Just a flower

Tracy sent us a message regarding our picture book 'Just a flower - the way to eliminate atomic bombs ' as follows.
She was born in Roswell close to the atomic bomb testing facility and she is a peace activist now.
Thank you, Tracy!!

------------------------------------------------

Thank you. I have been struggling with the issue of nuclear weapons all my life, because I was born in Roswell New Mexico, within sight of the White Sands testing facility, where the first Atomic bomb was exploded, in mid july 1945, hile my mother was in the military hospital there waiting for me to arrive. I was born on july 27, and I have had a strange dream all my life about a blinding flash of light and deafening roar. the test. As you know, the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki just days after that, and of course I didn't learn of that until I was probably 7 or 8 years old. In my child mind, I have struggled with the guilt of it, being born like a brother of the bomb, ever since. I still don't know what to do about that, and have devoted much of my adult life to peacemaking activities. My website stonebard.com has some of those projects, and was seen by Adam Hearn, whose website linked me to yours. So, thank you for your books and your commitment to Peace, and for easing my pain.

peace and love and joy!

No comments: